Tuesday, March 13, 2007

How Big is Your God?

I know that in my own life i find myself thinking, "I'll put God in this part of my life, but i think i can handle this part."...haha.....sound familiar? I think its something that we all struggle with at some point or another, we think "i just need to deal with this by myself".....1 Corinthians 1:25 says "For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength."

What a thought, even if i knew everything that a man could know my God in His "foolishness!" would be wiser. So again, How Big is Your God? He's bigger than anything we could ever be. We take a situation and think we know whats going to happen next, we say "no, that cant happen."...guess what, with God it can. We just have to trust Him.

On Sunday night we had a big storm, I was kinda down, kinda confused....really confused. You know, things going on in life that i want to fix right now. well i was in my room, my bros were talking a little, the thunder was loud and i as trying to think......now im not exactly sure what it was(probably God) that made me go outside, but i did. I went out there and in about one minute i was soaking wet. And as i was standing there with the lighting flashing and the rain pouring, trying to convince God why things needed to go a certain way.......then i stopped. I was frustrated, i was freezing, water was flowing from my hair to my face. So, i simply asked "what should i do God? what do You want me to do?" Well i dont know what i was expecting but its hard to explain how it happened. It was like everything went silent, my head was completely clear of any thoughts, and then it was like He wrote it down on a plain white piece of paper with a black marker....it was simply "TRUST ME".....thats all....i quickly jumped in with reasons why that wasn't specific enough as if i could talk God into giving me more info. But the answer just kept coming back "Don't worry, just trust Me."
Philippians 4:6,7 says
"6Do not be anxious (worry) about anything, but in everything, by prayer and suplication, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I mean, what can honestly go wrong when its in His hands. Not only is the situation off our chest but we get a "peace that surpasses all understanding."

Its not always going to be easy, but trusting Him will never hurt us, it can only turn out good.

Make your requests known to God.
Love ya'll

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good post. God's way always ends up being the right way, no matter how inconvenient we conceive it to be.

Joseph said...

Very nice post caleb. but your right we need to trust God more. I am glad you updated. hope your doing well. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Great work.